I’ve simplified the kimono within an inch of its life. It’s now, more or less, a “T” shape and the size is determined with a proportion figure. All that easing in the shoulder/arm pit is not really necessary for a baby. I don’t know what I was thinking. Apparently over-thinking….
I used some excess cotton fabric to make this little prototype (no more using of the ‘good fabrics’ for trial runs) and I’m pleased with the outcome (though the colors are a bit garish). I didn’t bother with reversible binding either for this version. I will post the pattern this week if anyone wants it. The size will be 0-6 months with what I think will work for 6-12 months as well. I have no way to test out anything larger than that just yet.