A friend in Austin bought a couple of Pello chairs recently. The ivory canvas cushions were too plain for her place and I volunteered to make new cushions for her (a fun weekend project….afterall it was raining all weekend). She sent me the cushions and 5 yards of Amy Butler’s ‘Imperial Fans‘. Once I received them I realized it would be no small task, mostly due to all the little flaps and spaces that I knew IKEA had precisely engineered to fit the frame (which I did not have) and I did not want to let my friend down.
I also thought about writing a tutorial, because once I gave the process a little more thought, I realized it would not be too hard or tricky and anyone with a rudimentary sewing foundation could do this. While making the cushions (2 chairs) was a bit of fun, writing the tutorial was not. So I stopped. If anyone thinks this would be useful, please leave me a comment and I will continue to sort out all the verbiage and pictures. Otherwise, the photos will have to suffice. Success!